Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Puzzle Peace

Pulling open the puzzle to see
SO many pieces...
We have received our puzzle from Hammond Toys, Hobbies and Dolls. It is a beautiful image of a baby lying atop a teddy bear in shades of earth tones... SO excited. We received it on Saturday, hours before a positive pregnancy test and an ER visit to find I was miscarrying... again.

I'm a pretty good mom. According to my kids... when they are on the flattery track, I'm the best mom EVER. It makes me doubt myself completely when I cannot stay pregnant. Is there something wrong with my genes? Is God trying to run interference?

If it were up to me, I would take in every lost and hurting child I could find... There would be kids of all ages in sleeping bags on the couches and chairs; toddlers would make beds of the stairs :) I'd hug them and make each child see how truly amazing he/she each was.  Fortunately, my husband reigns me in *LOL*. I am probably only going to be allowed two more: one infant, one older.

Before anyone gets the hair on her back up, my husband is a kind and intelligent man and "reigns" and "allowed" were both tongue-in-cheek comments. Anyway, I think I can talk him into a few more older kids after the boys leave for college...

Soon, we will begin the puzzle fundraising... $5 per puzzle piece. We will write the name of the person who purchased that piece on the back of it. Later, we will frame it in a two-sided frame so the infant knows who helped bring her home. I'd like to see if we can somehow build it into a loft that she can sleep on into her teen years.
Our beautiful puzzle.
The seedlings for the garden have started to sprout. I've also been doing a lot of crocheting. I'm hoping to create things to sell on Etsy for the adoption. I have to up my stock before I open an Etsy store...

An Infant Headband with a Cloth Flower
An Infant Cocoon



No comments:

Post a Comment