Thursday, March 3, 2011

Girls and Boys...

Does it make me selfish to want a little girl? I love little boys and am so happy that I'm raising two of them, but I would really like to braid somebody's hair. Every time I walk past a little girl clothing display area, I think one of two thoughts about which I am passionate: 1) why must we dress our pre-teens in the same manner as Julia Roberts when she portrayed a prostitute, and 2) AWWWWWWwww, Oh look!

Brian thinks we will be limiting our chances for adoption if we show a preference. Plus, he doesn't really have a preference. I do.

That being said, I would adore any child that came to join our family. We have a strong, healthy family, and we could be very happy as a four person crew... but I think we are missing pieces. I think there are kids out there that are going to join us, teach us, and make our family stronger. We will adopt older children in the future, but we wanted to start with an infant. At thirty-five and being the mother of a son who is learning to shave, at times I feel I am the perfect age to start at the beginning and at other times I feel I only have a few more years of starting with an infant left in me. That's why a baby is our focus today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment